The last few years have seen a lot of eCommerce businesses growing rapidly. One of the most important reasons behind this growth is that a lot of people have switched to buying online. To offer their customers a seamless shopping experience, it has become crucial for online retailers to choose the right technology solutions too.
Deciding which analytics platform to choose to enhance your business may seem complex and challenging; because let’s face it, how good or bad the user experience is depends on how smoothly your eCommerce portal is functioning. And, while coming to a decision is challenging, once you finally do select the right platform, believe us your work will be simplified a lot!
So, why is choosing the right analytics platform so crucial for your eCommerce business?
When you operate online, there are plenty of activities that you need to keep a tab on. For example: how are customers reaching your eCommerce store, which pages are they visiting most frequently, which pages are they dropping off too quickly from, which channels are getting you the most organic and paid traffic, amongst many others. An eCommerce analytics tool helps you to grab all this crucial data so that you can:
- Capture, store and organize all the relevant customer data to improve engagement and effectiveness on your website.
- Map your business performance on the back end, and make process changes accordingly if needed.
- Make strategic business decisions based on the data collected to propel your marketing strategy further
Today, many analytics softwares are also integrated with other business tools to take your analytics game to a whole new level!
What all should you keep in mind when selecting the right analytics platform for your business?
Some of the most fundamental questions that you must ask yourself before opting for an analytics software are as follows:
- Why do I need an analytics tool?
- What sort of data do I require this tool to give me?
- What kind of business actions will be driven by this data?
Let us deep dive into this! There are certain parameters that you need to keep in mind before finally zeroing in on an analytics platform of your choice. Some of the most important ones include: